Is anyone else completely over this winter weather? It was nice having no work and school yesterday. The snow and winter yuck looked pretty falling and on the tree limbs. But today is Saturday and there are so many things to do. Who wants to be stuck in the house for another whole day? Not me!
After the snow, sleet, and ice are done falling there are things we must do like shovel the sidewalks, driveway, and dig the car out. Dealing with a car after a winter storm is the WORST!!! I grew up in Northeast PA so I have done my fair share of digging.
I think what's worse about the storm we just had was the sleet and freezing rain. Digging out inches of snow around the car is one thing, but de-icing the car is a whole other beast.
Here are some tips from AAA on getting the job done.
- For frozen door locks, use a hair dryer to heat the key.
- You can also purchase de-icer products to spray into the lock, but don’t combine heat with the lock de-icer as it is flammable.
- Never apply water to frozen locks.
- Lift windshield wiper blades away from the glass to prevent them from freezing to the windshield. Do not use wiper blades to clean ice from windshield it will damage the rubber on the blade.
- Keep your gas tank above the half-tank level to ensure you have extra “running time” in case of a breakdown.
Well looks like I will be heading out with a hair dryer in hand. I do have remote start on my car so I am hoping that will make the job a bit easier...please.