Relationships and marriages constantly go through really hard tests of time that can really make or break a couple's union. According to Cosmopolitan Magazine, these 10 things are true tests for any couple. If they can overcome these obstacles, they are soul mates!
Any idea what challenges may have made this list? I will share the 5 that stand out most to me.
- Navigating IKEA together: "Even just being in an IKEA for more than five minutes with a loved one can be tragic, so getting through that without a blow-up in the lamp section will prove you have something real." And if you want to take this test to the next level, but a piece of IKEA furniture that requires assembly and put it together together!
- You went on vacation together and everything went wrong. "It's very likely this was your first vacation together, so you probably wanted everything to be perfect but then oh, nope. Your hotel TV only had basic cable and the internet was spotty and you couldn't figure out which gate you were supposed to be at because the airport kept changing it. If you were able to weather that without thinking about what your ex is up to right now because his Instagram makes it seem like he's single now, you're golden. "
- When both of you haven't eaten all day and neither of you knows what you want to eat. One hungry person is bad enough, but if both people become angry...well hell can break loose fast! "This could so easily turn into a murder/suicide situation that if one of you is able to grab the phone and order pizza (and you both realize you both really wanted pizza this whole time), you should just get married right then and use the pizza menu as a ring (somehow)."
- Figuring out how to decorate your shared apartment. "I don't know if two people have ever had exactly the same decorating style in the history of couples ever, so agreeing that, "OK, so now our dining room table is going to be ugly in my eyes for all of eternity but you think it's gorgeous" is a sign you're healthy people."
- You met their parents and they didn't totally like you at first. "Meeting the parents will always be stressful. Meeting them and having them love you? Easy. But if you met their parents and they weren't too sure about you and you were able to figure out how to get through that together without a massive argument about how their parents are snobs and they're lucky to have you, keep this one."
Get the 5 other soul mate test scenarios in the full article rom Cosmo below!
1. You went on vacation together and everything went wrong. It's very likely this was your first vacation together, so you probably wanted everything to be perfect but then oh, nope. Your hotel TV only had basic cable and the internet was spotty and you couldn't figure out which gate you were supposed to be at because the airport kept changing it.