Mecklenburg County will open up new COVID-19 vaccine appointments through the county’s health department and StarMed Healthcare starting at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday. The new slots are for everyone eligible in Groups 1-5, including anyone over the age of 16.
The new appointments run through April 12. Group 5 will become eligible starting on April 7 and can make an appointment on or after that day.
- Group 1: Healthcare workers currently working in-person, and long-term care staff and residents.
- Group 2: Anyone 65 years of age or older.
- Group 3: Frontline essential workers who are required to be on-site for work.
- Group 4: Residents with a medical condition that puts them at higher risk of serious illness and people who live in certain congregate settings.
– The remainder of Group 4, including additional essential workers and people living in other congregate settings, is eligible to book appointments beginning March 31.
- Group 5: All adults are eligible to book appointments beginning April 7.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Mecklenburg County also announced beginning April 7, the county will start releasing new coronavirus vaccine appointments weekly every Wednesday at 8:30 a.m for the following weeks.
Anyone eligible for the vaccine can book the appointments online at starmed.care or by calling 980-314-9400.
- Protesters hit the streets after black man killed by NC deputies
- Ronda Rousey is expecting her first child
- Trump administration awarded $1.3 billion for syringes. But where are they?
- DOJ to probe Minneapolis Police Dept. for ‘unlawful policing’
- Las Vegas Raiders Dragged For Tone Deaf Response To Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Bodycam Footage Released of the Fatal Shooting of the Columbus Teen by Police
- The First Trailer For Marvel’s Martial Arts Super Hero Film ‘Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings’ Has Arrived
- Billie Eilish Spotted With New Boo Thang?
- Jury reaches a verdict in Derek Chauvin murder trial
- Mark Robinson won’t run for US Senate in 2022
Mecklenburg County to open more COVID vaccine appointments to all adults. Here’s how to schedule your shot was originally published on wbt.com